I know that when I last wrote we were in the middle of discussing the very potent and special plant known to some as Devil's Club and to others as the Most Sacred. I would like to continue that discourse in the future, but I wanted to write a quick post about something exciting: Tea!
Two weeks from to day, on January 25th, I will be presenting a 90 minute talk on Tea:
Here's the link to the webcast:
Camellia sinensis, more commonly known as tea is the second most widely consumed beverage on the planet! The first is water!
This plant also has been consumed for millennia with a variety of health benefits attributed.
For instance, in the Tang dynasty, Chinese scholars determined that tea had the following 10 benefits:
1. Tea benefits the Qi and clear blockages
2. Tea helps refresh one after a night of drinking alcohol
3. Tea, mixed with other things such as milk or nuts can provide nourishment
4. Tea is cooling especially in the summer
5. Tea helps against fatigue and drowsiness
6. Teas purifies the spirit, Calms the shen, support meditation practice, removes anxiety
7. Tea aids digestion
8. Tea removes heat and toxicitiy from the body, flushing them from the blood through the Urinary Bladder
9.Tea is conducive to longevity
10. Tea invigorates the body and inspires creativity
(source, The Way of Tea, Aaron Fisher)
The Webcast is free and I will go into a lot more detail about it then! Feel free to spread the link and share it with others:
Leading up to the webcast, I will also be putting a few more nuggets about tea here on my blog to be shared with folks who read it!